Introduction: – On 1st May, 190, when the state of Gujarat was formed, a joint department named Education and Labor Department came into force. The education department at that time included the social welfare, labor, drug and excise and employment departments.
For administrative reasons, the latter subjects were gradually taken over from the Department of Education and Labor and from August 15, a separate department of the Secretariat came into existence as the Department of Education. It handles education including primary education, continuing and literacy education, secondary education, higher education, technical education, pharmacy education.
Policy Framework: –
1) Important program of continuous education and literacy.
2) To make primary education universal for children between the ages of 8 and 18 is a very big limit.
2) Control of expansion of secondary and higher education and implementation of professionalism at secondary level as well as improvement of secondary and higher education.
2) To focus on planning and non-planning provisions and to make the best use of the investment made in the field of education and for the purpose of development.
Improving the quality of implementation.
With this huge objective in mind, the Department of Education formulates policies related to education. It also oversees its implementation and issues orders in the form of guidance and orders. Thus handling the entire charge of matters relating to education. Subjects submitted to the department under working rules are given in Appendix-A. There are two secretaries as the head of the education department, one is the front secretary (education) and the secretary (primary education).
It has 3 Deputy Secretaries and 4 Deputy Secretaries. There are different branches working on different subjects and Section Officers 12 (Gazetted Class-II) are the head of that branch. Under the administrative control of the education department, there are 6 department heads and one statutory board. The following department heads work under the administrative control of the Department of Education.
The following department heads work under the administrative control of the Department of Education.
1. Commissioner, Higher Education, Block No. 13, Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan, Gandhinagar
2. Commissioner, Mid-day Meal Schemes and Schools, Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan, Gandhinagar.
. Director, Tantric Education Block No. 13, Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan, Gandhinagar.
. Chairman, Board of Secondary and Higher Education, Sector No. 10 / B, Gandhinagar.
W. Director, Primary Education, Block No. 13, Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan, Gandhinagar.
. Director, Gujarat Primary Education Council, Sector No. 12, Gandhinagar
. Director, Gujarat Council of Educational Research and Training, Sector No. 12, Gandhinagar
. Director, Literacy and Continuing Education Block No. 18, Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan, Gandhinagar.
. Director, Gujarat State Textbook Board, Sector No. 10, Gandhinagar
10. Chairman, Gujarat State, Examination Board, Sector No. 21, Gandhinagar
11. Director, N.C.C. Hanuman Camp Cantonment Area, Ahmedabad-2
13. Chairman, Gujarat State Technical Examination Board, Gandhinagar
13. Director, Gujarat Educational Technology Bhavan, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad.