Check and apply Lock biometric lock:Learn about Biometric Lock: Your Aadhaar card number provides you with many types of services. A lot of work related to it can be done on its online portal uidai.gov.in.
One such online service allows users to lock or unlock biometric details to avoid misuse of their support. You can lock the existing biometrics in your base if you wish. UIDAI has provided the facility to lock or unlock it.
Advantages of biometric lock
Check and apply Lock
Biometric lock in the base means locking data with your fingerprint and eyeball. Once the biometric is locked, the base holder or any other population cannot be used for authentication. The support holder can unlock it if needed. To avail this service you need to have a registered mobile number.
- This is how to do online biometric lock sitting at home
First go to Aadhaar website https://uidai.gov.in/
Now go to the bottom of the home page, here you will find the Aadhaar Services section.
- click on the Lock / Unlock Biometrics option.
- Now here you have to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number. You can also select the Virtual ID number option if you wish.
- Then enter Captcha for verification and click on Send OTP.
- Then you have to enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number in the new pop up. Then click on Submit. Your base will be biometrically locked.Check and apply Lock