Complain to People Who Take More Than MRP in This Way

Complain to People: Although today’s time is digital, there are constant complaints of taking more than MRP everywhere. It is said that the government has come to X. The Ministry of Consumer Affairs has prepared a new proposal to address this disciplinary action. If he is charged more than the MRP, he will be fined Rs 5 lakh with two years imprisonment. Complaints are on the rise at present, so the central government is going to rectify it. According to a senior official in the Consumer Affairs Ministry, the provision of punishment and penalty is very low in the current situation.

The Legal Metrology Act will be amended: it was discussed at a meeting of the ministry’s advisory committee last month. The meeting agreed to increase the fines and penalties. Within it, the ministry has proposed to take strict action against those accused of MRP, amending the Legal Metrology Act 36 36.

How much is the penalty now ?: Now, on the first mistake, the penalty is Rs. 25000. It has now been revised. Now the fine has been increased to Rs. 100,000, while the second error, the amount of fine was Rs. 50,000 but now it has been changed to Rs. 2,50,000. Propose when only a fine of Rs. 100,000 is imposed on the third error. It is now proposed to change it to Rs. 5,00,000.

The sentence will also be increased: only one year was given for taking more than this amount of MRP. But now a sentence of 1 to 2 years is proposed. From July 1, 2017 to March 22, 2018, 640 complaints have been received against the Ministry of Consumer Affairs in 8 months. According to the central government, people know that more than the price is charged, but due to a lack of awareness, people do not know where the complaint has been registered due to such a case, but there are few people who complain about this habit.

Toll-free number 1800-11-4000 can make a complaint by calling.

You can also report a complaint through the message. You can give full information on +91 81300 09809.

Note: You can also register an online complaint, by going to This web side is from the Consumer Ministry. – Source by Google.